Mar. 9--Four companies of firefighters were called into action when a grease fire broke out at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant on Monongahela Boulevard at about 9:30 p.m. Monday.

According to Jeff Quinn, fire chief of the Star City Volunteer Fire Department, his unit was the first on the scene.

"They had a flash fire off the hood of one of the grills," Quinn said.

"The fire blew out of the exhaust fan and through the roof.

"Seeing that it's a commercial property, when we got here, we just upgraded it to a four-company fire."

Fire trucks from Westover, Cassville and Granville soon arrived on the scene.

Quinn said the building had been evacuated by the time his unit responded, and that no one was hurt in the fire.

Cassville Fire Department firefighter Chris Tennant said the fire was huge when his unit got there, but the four companies had everything under control and the fire was put out in less than 20 minutes.

Restaurant employees stood in a circle in the parking lot of the compound waiting for the branch manager, but declined to speak to the media.

View link in new window View link.