Casa D'Amici, at the top of High Street, has been closed by Morgantown city fire and code enforcement officers until electrical repairs can be made.

The building was closed Sunday afternoon when an electrical short caused a small fire at about 1 p.m., Morgantown Fire Capt. Jay Bolyard said.

"They have some electrical problems that have to be worked out before they can reopen," he said.

The restaurant was evacuated after employees reported black smoke in the room.

"No one was hurt," Bolyard said. Restaurant employees used an extinguisher on the fire and had it under control when the fire department arrived, he said.

"There was only a little wood burning when we got there," Bolyard said.

View link in new window View link.